Thursday, October 9, 2014

2014 College Football Hall Of Fame Dedication Gala & Enshrinement Ceremony

ATLANTA- Have you ever participated or witnessed an event that you will go on to remember for the rest of your life? On October 7, 2014 this happened to me by attending the 2014 Dedication and Enshrinement Gala to honor the 2013 College Football Hall of Fame Class! This class included 12 players and two coaches. The players were Ted Brown-TB (NC State), Tedy Bruschi-DE (Arizona), Ron Dayne-RB (Wisconsin), Tommie Frazier-QB (Nebraska), Jerry Gray-DB (Texas), Steve Meilinger-E (Kentucky), Orlando Pace-OT (Ohio State), Ron Shoate-LB (deceased; Oklahoma), Percy Snow-LB (Michigan State), Vinny Testaverde-QB (Miami), Don Trull-QB (Baylor), Danny Wuerffel-QB (Florida). The coaches were Wayne Hardin-Navy (1959-64); Temple (1970-82) and Bill McCartney-Colorado (1982-94).

As a blossoming sports analyst and writer, I least expected to experience this so soon! As I received my media pass, I instantly felt a feeling of excitement and honor as I turned to walk in the museum. Upon my arrival, I was in the mist of the reception ceremony looking at everyone as they ate and sipped on wine and cocktails while networking. I knew then, I had hit another milestone in my career! My photographer and I then went on to take photos and shoot some footage to make sure that every moment was captured. After about 10 minutes of being at the reception, we were called back to the football field for the enshrinement. ceremony.

The enshrinement ceremony went as follows:
-show opening presented by ESPN's Tom Hart,
-the welcome to Atlanta presented by President & CEO of the Atlanta Hall Management John Stephenson,
-remarks from the Chairman of the Board for the Atlanta Hall Management Steve Robinson,
-building dedication from the Chairman of the Board for the National Football Foundation Archie Manning
-Introduction of the 2014 College Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Class
-Hall-of-Fame Class Speaker Danny Wuerffel
-Hall-of-Fame Blade Presentation from Jack Lengyel, National Football Foundation Board Member

After the ceremony, of course there were more pictures, interviews, and autographs from the players and coaches. There you have it! This is how my night went. I hope that I was able to keep you as my readers excited to see what's in store for me next as I look to continue to share my journey with you! Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment