Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Weird Superstitions in the Sports World From Fans

I may be a little late, but in the last month or so I have been hearing the craziest things in the sports world. Sometimes these fans come up with the craziest things to say! The first craziest thing is when Serena Williams lost her match and they blamed it on her current boyfriend Drake. I just don't understand how he plays a part. All he did was sit in the stands and support her. 

Is Serena not allowed to lose? I understand that she may be the best at tennis but I truly believe that she is allowed to lose every once in a while. You just can't win them all. Even Michael Jordan lost.  I am pretty sure that Drake and Serena both were just shaking their heads. That's all they could do. There is no need to even feed into any of that non-sense because that's all it is. People just come up with the most bizzar things to say just to have something to talk about. How about reaching out to congratulate her anyway on a great match.

The second craziest thing was a 2-in-1. This Ciara and Russell Wilson superstition. First, the DJ for the Seahawks couldn't play a song by Future because it might have made Russell feel a certain type of way. In my opinion, it shouldn't because ain't none of Future's songs about him nor Ciara. Future is one of the hottest rappers out now and his music just hypes everybody up. Speaking of hyping up, I'm pretty sure that some of the Seahawks team and some fans can agree with me. The next thing was when the Seahawks started off with an 0-2 record. The fans blamed it on Russell not being able to concentrate because of Ciara. 

As a quarterback, he should be able to separate his game mind frame from his personal. When he is on that field, Ciara needs to be non-existent for 48 minutes. He has business to take care of when it comes to winning games! Ciara on the other hand, is doing her job of being the supportive girlfriend by showing her face at the games. People just need someone to point their finger at not even considering how crazy they are going to even sound or look after they do it. Russell has to take better control and the defense needed to help him out. He couldn't win both games alone. 

I just feel bad when things like this is said and then it just spread all over the internet like wildfire. I am not a big fan of gossip and slander. I'm pretty sure no one is, but it just burns me up inside. It's like these athletes cannot date anyone famous. they just have to stick to someone who is not in the limelight and it's not right. It's their choice to date whomever they want. The fans and media just need to leave them alone and let them live their lives.  I wonder if this turns any other athlete away from wanting to date anyone famous? It wouldn't if I was an athlete. I'm just saying. That's my rant/thought for today...Stay tuned for more with Helen Knows Her Sports!

No comments:

Post a Comment